Our mission statement
To work with our community to develop, influence and provide responsive palliative care and end of life care that meets the needs of all people with a life-limiting illness. We strive to be an inspirational leader, empowering our community, encouraging future generations. Our purpose is to ensure the very best care is provided wherever and whenever it is needed.
Compassionate caring for our community, supporting people with a life-limiting illness to live well and die well.
Our objectives are to:
- be the main provider of specialist palliative care services in the geographical area covered by our NHS contract(s).
- widen access to our services for patients, families and carers with specialist palliative care (complex) needs.
- increase our role to advise, support and educate all those involved in end of life care and to co-ordinate end of life care services.
- demonstrate clearly the quality and outcomes of our services.
- ensure that income matches the demand for our services.
- make the most effective use of our staff, volunteers and facilities and to develop our staff and volunteers.
- ensure that we have the organisational structure to deliver and support services and to generate income.
- develop external relationships.
- increase team working with primary care.