COVID Reflections – Submission Guidelines
The past year has been difficult for everyone, but we know that it’s been especially challenging for the patients and families we care for at Dorothy House. We want to recognise this by capturing the voices and experiences of everyone in the Dorothy House community (patients, their families, carers, staff and volunteers) to create a lasting legacy of this time.
We’re inviting you to share with us a piece of your own art or writing that reflects your experiences during the pandemic. It might be something visual – a painting, drawing, sculpture, photograph – or something written – a poem, letter, piece of prose. We want to stress that you don’t have to be an artist or a writer – this is about recording and honouring your experiences and reflections.
We’ll display the contributions on a dedicated website. Unfortunately, we don’t have the facilities to store physical pieces of art or writing, so we ask that you only send a digital image or file to us.
We hope that there may be a possibility of holding an actual, rather than virtual, exhibition of your work at some time in the future; we will be in touch as this progresses.
The deadline for contributions is June 30
Guidelines for submission:
- Please submit your image or written piece via our online form: https://www.dorothyhouse.org.uk/what-we-do/stories/share-your-story/
Or by email: email@example.com
- Your submission is a gift to the Hospice; any copyright/credit data protection is waved for the sole use of COVID Reflections and no royalties will be rewarded
- One submission will be accepted per email address
- There is no age limit for contributions but if you are under 18, please get consent from a responsible adult before submitting your piece
- Dorothy House reserves the right not to select submissions which are not appropriate to our values
- Dorothy House reserves the right to destroy all digital files upon completion of the COVID Reflections project
- We will store your image with email contact details for the sole purpose of this project and will not share your details with anyone else. You can withdraw your consent at any time
- By submitting your piece of art or writing, you are giving your consent for us to contact you by email for the sole purpose of this project and future related undertakings. You can unsubscribe from correspondence at any time by emailing us.
- Image file format: JPG or HEIC files will be accepted (digital photos)
- Images must be no smaller than 4mb and no larger than 20mb
- Please include an image title and one sentence explanation of your piece
- If there are recognisable people in your photo and it is chosen for COVID Reflections, you will need to complete a Media Release Form. This will be sent to you by email and will have to be returned before we can display your submission.
- Written file format: only Word documents and PDFs will be accepted
- Please limit written contributions to 250 words
- Please include a title for your written piece.
Submit your Covid Reflection here
- Share this page: