31 March, 2020 - 21 June, 2020
1:00 am - 11:59 pm
Our Dorothy House Big Breakfast 5k was due to take place on Sunday 21 June.
In the light of the current situation Team Dotty has had to think outside of the box and come up with an alternative plan for this much-loved family event. We will always put the health of our patients, families, supporters, volunteers and staff at the forefront of all our decisions.
Between now and Sunday 21 June this is your time to get positive (while keeping to social distancing), get some exercise and get VIRTUAL!
How it works
- Help your local hospice by doing your own 5k walk, jog or run in the house, garden, garage or even on the spot and still raise vital funds for patient care!
- We have taken care of all of the technical stuff and it’s really easy to join this new and exciting platform. On GivePenny you can link up to Strava (the free social-fitness tracking website/app) and start running, jogging or walking your way to achieving your total target of 5k.
- If you don’t have a fitness tracker or app, no problem, you can enter your kilometres manually. An average person takes 1,400 steps to walk a kilometre…so that’s 7,000 steps to achieve a 5k!
- Reward yourself with a delicious breakfast afterwards too. Scrummy!
How to sign up
- Our Big Breakfast 5k fun run has moved from a physical event to a virtual event so is now free to enter on GivePenny
- Simply create your own campaign page on GivePenny
- Dorothy House urgently needs vital funds to pay for patient care. YOU can help us by making a donation to enter this event and then raise what you can in sponsorship.
- You’ll now be part of a fantastic community of amazing participants!
Ways to raise money
You supporters can help you raise funds by:
- Sponsoring you straight away
- Donating per kilometre you achieve
- Donating to put a song on your personalised Spotify playlist (so you have to exercise to their music!)
What you get
- All participants will get e-mailed with support along the way!
- After the event, all participants who raise over £28 will receive a special Dorothy House medal to wear with pride. You will have paid for an hour’s time of a Nurse Specialist delivering care to patients in our community.
- You’ll also get the priceless reward of knowing you’ve helped patients in your community when they need it the most.
Don’t forget to share your progress through photos, apps etc as we would love to see the amazing ways you have made this virtual race happen!
In these challenging times we need YOU to take on the challenge!
Thank you so much from all of us at Dorothy House for taking part in the virtual Big Breakfast 5k. Not only are you “virtually” awesome…you’re totally awesome!