11 January, 2019 - 13 January, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Leave the effort of getting rid of your Christmas tree to us!
In January 2018 we held our second Christmas Tree Collection service. We had a phenomenal response and raised £13,689.13 with £1,351.28 going towards three local community groups that supported the project. With increased postcode coverage we were able to reach more people with this already successful scheme.
On the 11- 13 January 2019 we are heading out in force again to recycle your Christmas trees.
How you can sign up you tree:
Visit the Justhelping website:
- Check that your postcode is covered by our collection
- Select you donation amount
- Follow the online instructions about where to leave your tree
We are always on the lookout for people that would like to support either by providing a collection vehicle or by lending a hand to collect the trees.
We have a limited capacity for the number of trees we can collect, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
Please get in touch to volunteer
Verity.firstname.lastname@example.org or 01225 721 480
About this Collection
Please support your local Hospice, Dorothy House Hospice Care and help us to continue providing FREE palliative and end of life care to the community. We will collect and recycle your Christmas tree and suggest a donation of £10 per tree to go towards vital patient care and family support.
Here’s how your £10 donation can make a difference in providing funds for patient care:
- £30 – provides a play therapy session to support a young child pre- and post-bereavement.
- £40 – funds one of our Inpatient Unit beds for one hour.
- £299 – provides a Hospice at Home carer through the night giving invaluable respite care for patients, their families and carers.
- £380 – pays for a group session to support bereaved teenagers.
- £1,900 – provides a ‘Muddy Footprints’ outdoor activity day for bereaved families.
Our volunteers will be collecting in the following nine postcodes:
BA1 BA2 BA11 BA12 BA13 BA14 BA15 SN12 SN13
Collections will take place between Friday 11th January and Sunday 13th January 2019. Please ensure your tree is outside your house by 8am on Friday 11th January to ensure a speedy collection and clearly marked ‘Dorothy House pick up’.
Don’t miss out, please register your tree by 8 January at 1pm.
Following our success last year in which we doubled the number of trees collected and the value of donations received from the previous year, PLEASE help us to reach our target of doubling those figures again this year! Please note we do not receive money for the chippings of your tree.
For further information about the Christmas tree collection, please contact the Dorothy House Fundraising department on 01225 721 480.