8 December, 2019
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Welcome to our Santa and Elf Run; our much-loved annual festive fun run – at the fantastic venue of Bath Spa University!
Our Christmassy run is open to all ages and takes place along a 2.5km course through the beautiful grounds of Bath Spa University, via scenic footpaths, a “castle”, a lake and even a garden temple! Participants can choose to do the 2.5km route once or twice to make it a 5km run.
All paying entrants receive festive attire and yummy refreshments after the run. Children aged under two can enter for free.
- Children (aged 2 to 11) – We’ll provide a festive elf hat to add to your own elf outfit
- Participants aged 12+ – You’ll get an amazing ho, ho, ho Santa hat, beard, jacket and trousers (people usually wear light running clothes underneath – it can get hot!). Please bring your own belt.
Sponsorship and why we ask you?
All adult entrants are asked to aim to raise sponsorship OR to make a suggested donation instead of raising sponsorship for Dorothy House. Full event details and sponsorship forms will be e-mailed to all registered entrants.
Our event ticket prices only cover the running cost of the event itself, and we rely on the sponsorship or donations raised to provide the vital care that our community needs.
Our goal is to support more people across our 700sq mile area because we believe that everyone with a life-limiting illness should be able to live to their fullest potential, and – when the time comes – die a peaceful, dignified and well supported death. But we can only achieve this with the help of people like you.
Here’s an idea of what your fundraising could pay for:
- By donating £28 you could pay for an hour’s time of a Nurse Specialist delivering care to patients in our community.
- By donating £88 you could pay for a counselling session supporting children to cope with the death of a family member.
- By donating £180 you could pay for a full night of a Hospice at Home carer’s time, allowing a patient’s family to get some much needed rest.
The Santa and Elf Run is open to all ages. Runners under 16 must be accompanied by an adult entrant. For full terms and conditions of entry please click here and scroll down.
Online Entrants: Access to the event will be via the presentation of your ticket (PDF attached to this e-mail) which will be scanned either via your mobile device or from the printed copy. Please make sure you have your ticket ready for check in by a member of the registration team upon arrival.
Offline Entrants: Bring your printed confirmation letter to the Help Desk where our team will register you
Friends and family are very welcome to come and cheer on the Santa and Elf Run as the runners pass through the beautiful grounds of Bath Spa University. Refreshments will be available for supporters to buy from the jolly Refectory.
This will be free. All entrants and supporters will be directed into the car park by marshals.
Dogs are welcome to take part in the run (owners must pick up any fouling).
The Santa and Elf Run is a 2.5km run, jog or walk with the option of doing one loop (2.5km) or two loops (5km). You choose whether to do one or two loops on the day. The route starts and finishes by the Refectory in the grounds of Bath Spa University and uses local tracks and footpaths.