4 September, 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
How do you fancy taking on the challenge of a Wingwalk?
Flown by one of the Aerosuperbatics Wingwalking display pilots, you will take to the skies on the top wing of one of our Boeing Stearman biplanes and experience an exciting series of flypasts, zoom climbs, steep dives and banks in front of the family and friends you bring along on the day.
Before you taxi across their beautiful airfield ready for take-off you can expect to be overwhelmed with excitement from the roar of the 450hp engine and the propeller in front of you hitting speeds of 760mph. Your adrenaline will hit new heights as the aircraft builds momentum for lift off! Feel the sense of freedom as you fly through the air, taking in the stunning views surrounding our airfield, whilst waving to friends and family down below.
Get ready for the ride of your life! Last year our very first Wing Walkers raised over £21,000 for Dorothy House and enjoyed an experience of a lifetime!
The next Wing Walk Challenge will take place on Wednesday 4th September 2019 at RFC Rendcomb Airfield, The Whiteway, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 7DF .
If you would like more information, and to book a Wing Walk contact Verity Clark-
01225 721480 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can participate?
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be no taller than 6ft 2” (1.88m)
- You must be no heavier than 14 stone (89kg) (with clothing)
- Your waist measurement, whilst wearing warm clothing and a jacket must be less than 40 inches
- You must be able to climb completely unassisted up to and down from the top wing of one of our Boeing Stearman biplanes.
- This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft / 3m, but you will be given full guidance by our professional wing walker
- You have not suffered from any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
Who can participate?
• Wing walkers must be between 18 and 75 years old. If you are between 65 and 75 years old you must supply a doctor’s note on the day.
• You must weigh less than 12 stone (77kg) and be between 5 and 6 feet tall.
• You must be able to climb up the aircraft and through the struts to a height of 10 feet.
• You will be required to sign a disclaimer before flying.
• If you have any medical conditions you should consult your doctor before purchasing or booking your flight.
• You cannot take part if you have or suffer from any of the following; epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
How much does it cost?
There is a registration fee of £150 to pay at the time of booking through Dorothy House Hospice Care. You are then asked to raise a minimum of £750 for Dorothy House. Those who fail to raise the minimum sponsorship amount will not be permitted to participate in the challenge. The registration fee is non-refundable and places are non-transferable. At least 50% of the total £900 will be donated to Dorothy House with the remaining money covering the cost of the experience.