All Dorothy House care is given free of charge. Legacies currently make up over a quarter of our voluntary income, and help to fund every element of what we do. You can help secure the vital future of our work, and leave a precious gift of care for forthcoming generations by leaving money or assets to Dorothy House. Please remember us in your will and help our work live on.
Making a will is your way of ensuring your wishes are carried out
Leaving a legacy to Dorothy House is easy. You can do it when you make a will, or if you already have one, you can add an extra instruction (called a codicil) to your existing one. You should talk to your family about it, and seek professional advice.
The difference your legacy makes
Your legacy will enable us to continue to provide valuable services:
- Practical and specialist nursing care and advice to patients and their families as they face a life limiting illness, at home or at our hospice in Winsley
- Day Patient services, offering respite, relaxation, Creative Arts, diversion
- Out Patient services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and, complementary therapy
- Practical help and advice for carers and families
- Counselling support before and after bereavement
- Education of health professionals across our community, working in partnership to deliver the highest standards of care and support
- Outreach Centres for appointments or drop-in visits
What to do next
If you are interested in leaving a legacy to Dorothy House and would prefer to talk to someone, our Legacy Officer, Helen Francis, will be very happy to have a no obligation confidential chat on 01225 721 480.