- 8 October, 2021 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Dorothy House Winsley
Would you like to walk on fire? Kick off your shoes and join us for the warmest walk of your life!
On Friday 8 October Dorothy House we will be holding a FireWalk at Winsley starting at 6pm. The event costs £30 to enter and you need to raise an additional £100 in sponsorship which will go towards providing care to our community.
Register your interest
Terms and conditions
FireWalk – Terms and Conditions
- Firewalking is a high-risk activity and by the very nature of it you must ensure that you’re medically fit to take part. If you have any existing medical conditions or are currently taking medication, then please consult your doctor before completing the entry form.
- By signing up to FireWalk you have agreed to raise a minimum of £100 sponsorship or to make a donation of £100 in lieu of sponsorship
- You will not be permitted to walk on the coals if you have not attended the seminar at the start of the event
- You will not be permitted to walk on the coals if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You can do the firewalk more than once if the coals allow on the night.
- Do not apply any lotion or cream to your feet or have a pedicure five days prior to the event.
- It is fine to wear nail varnish on your toes, the coals will not affect it.
- You must be 18 years or over to take part in the challenge.
- If you are diabetic, you will not be permitted to take part.
- On the night you will be asked to digitally sign a disclaimer. This is not voluntary and anyone not signing the release form will not be permitted to take part in the event.
- Please feel free to bring along friends and family. However, only participants will be allowed in the Hospice and will be able to attend the seminar inside.
- Refreshments will be available to purchase outside at the venue.
- Dorothy House may take photographs of the event and use them in publicity material, including on its website. If you do not want your photograph to be used, please contact the Dorothy House Fundraising Team.
- Our FireWalk event is being organised by Phoenix Firewalk, to see reviews of their other events visit phoenixfirewalk.uk
Whether it’s for the thrill of experiencing fear and taking action, or maybe you want to do something that is unique and challenging, this event is an exciting opportunity to learn more about yourself and leave with some treasured memories and hopefully both feet intact!
After being led through the preparation by one of the highly skilled FireWalk leaders from Phoenix, you’ll be ready to take on the exciting challenge of walking 10-12 feet across a bed of glowing coals, barefoot! The whole event is framed around the things in life that we make more difficult for ourselves. This can be through our thinking and even things we put off or avoid altogether because of our beliefs or the potential for a little discomfort. Everything we do on the night, including the FireWalk, is a metaphor for these challenges.
Invite friends and family to come along on the evening and watch (from a safe distance); we’ll have refreshments available for purchase. Spaces are limited so register your interest today using the form below.
All participants will receive an exclusive FREE t-shirt too!
If you would like more info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or register your interest for this event below.