Santa & Elf Run 2021
- 5 December, 2021 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Bath Spa University Newton Park Campus
The Dorothy House Santa & Elf Run is back on Sunday 5 December at Bath Spa University!
Last year, we were unable to host this amazing event, so this year we’re doubling our efforts! We’re planning an unforgettable, fun and festive event for the whole family, all while raising money for vital care here in our community.
This much-loved Christmas-tastic festive fun run is open to all ages. Run, jog or walk the 2.5km course through the beautiful grounds of Bath Spa University. The scenic footpaths take you past a “castle,” a lake, and even a garden temple! You can choose to do the 2.5km route or go twice around to make it a 5km run.
The entry fee is £7.50 for children aged 2-11 and £15 for participants aged 12+. Children aged 2-11 will receive a free elf hat to add to their own elf-tastic outfit, and those aged 12+ will receive an amazing Santa hat, beard, jacket and trousers. There is no entry charge for Santa’s little helpers aged 2 and under.
Friends and family are warmly invited if they want to come and cheer for runners along the route or at the finish line Snow Station. Refreshments will be available for purchase from the Jolly Refectory.
Terms & Conditions
- All paying registrants (PR) must complete and sign a registration form or enter online before taking part. Each PR needs to ensure that every member of their party has given the PR their permission to enter them into the event and also given permission to submit their name and contact details. These details will be held by Eventbrite (for online entrants) and Dorothy House Hospice Care for the purpose of administering this event. All children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by a paying adult who will be responsible for their safety throughout the event.
- The entry fee for the Santa and Elf Run is free for children aged under 2 years, £7.50 for children aged 2-11 (receive free elf hat) and £15 for participants aged 12+ (receive a free Santa suit). An appropriate festive accessory will be provided per paying entrant.
- By participating in this event, all adult entrants agree to raise at least £28 in sponsorship or to make a personal donation instead of raising sponsorship (the amount is your choice but we suggest a minimum of £28). All sponsorship to be submitted to Dorothy House by Friday 7 February 2022.
- The entry fee covers expenses only and is non-refundable. Any entrant who is unable to take part in the event should notify Dorothy House as soon as possible.
- Dogs are allowed to accompany runners on the route but are not permitted inside any of the university buildings. Any participant bringing a dog must act in a responsible manner by making sure that it is:
- Kept on a lead at all times and any usual equipment (muzzle / harness etc.) used to control the dog is employed on the day.
- Wearing a collar with a clearly identifiable tag.
- Adequately supplied with water to keep it hydrated.
- Please be aware that it is the responsibility of all dog owners to clean up and dispose of any fouling responsibly.
- The course is multi-terrain and includes roads and footpaths. Sensible footwear must be worn and care taken.
- The Santa and Elf Run is limited to 400 runners.
- All participants enter the run at their own risk and should not take part unless medically fit to run the route and complete the distance within two hours. If you any participant has a medical condition which could be affected by exercise, they should obtain their doctor’s approval before participating.
- In no event shall Dorothy House be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this run.
- Entrants should be aware that photographs taken during the run may be used to publicise the event and the work of the hospice. If a participant does not wish to be photographed, they should inform the official photographers and social media team (who will be clearly identifiable), and they will be supplied with a discrete lanyard so that their preferences are adhered to at all times.
- If at any point within two weeks of the event you are displaying signs of the coronavirus or you have been diagnosed with it, we politely ask you not to take part.
- By signing the entry form (online or offline) participants agree to follow the reasonable directions of Dorothy House, the event marshals, and abide by the Terms and Conditions of entry for the Santa and Elf Run.
- Dorothy House reserves the right to cancel this event at any time due to unforeseen circumstances.