This Wing Walk challenge is a first for Dorothy House. You will take to the skies at Compton Abbas Airfield, fly with the only team in the UK that is fully approved by the Civil Aviation Authority to carry out Wing Walks for charity, with some of the most experienced pilots in the country at the controls of beautiful Boeing Stearman bi-planes.
They’re probably the best airfield in the UK to enjoy both as a “wing walker” and a spectator. Already at nearly 1,000ft above sea level when you take off, the views are spectacular. Family and friends can watch the entire flight – from watching you get strapped in to greeting you off the aircraft when you land. Flying at speeds of up to 130mph at 2,000 feet above sea level is hard to beat!
The next Wing Walk Challenge will take place on Saturday 28 July 2018 at Compton Abbas Air Field.
For more information, contact Steph Cox: email@example.com
Who can participate?
• Wing walkers must be between 18 and 75 years old. If you are between 65 and 75 years old you must supply a doctor’s note on the day.
• You must weigh less than 12 stone (77kg) and be between 5 and 6 feet tall.
• You must be able to climb up the aircraft and through the struts to a height of 10 feet.
• You will be required to sign a disclaimer before flying.
• If you have any medical conditions you should consult your doctor before purchasing or booking your flight.
• You cannot take part if you have or suffer from any of the following; epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
How much does it cost?
There is a registration fee of £150 to pay at the time of booking through Dorothy House Hospice Care. You are then asked to raise a minimum of £750 for Dorothy House. Those who fail to raise the minimum sponsorship amount will not be permitted to participate in the challenge. The registration fee is non-refundable and places are non-transferable. At least 50% of the total £900 will be donated to Dorothy House with the remaining money covering the cost of the experience.