If you are considering leaving us a gift in your Will – thank you so much! Every gift makes a difference.
The government provides just 30% of our funding – the rest comes from people like you and gifts in Wills currently help fund the care of 1 in 5 patients.
“There comes a time when you start to think about these things. Apart from family bequests, I want to acknowledge specific charities that I have taken an interest in and have supported for some time. Of these, Dorothy House is the most local and as such I’ve been able to see the work they do, meet some of the staff and, through friends who have been in their care, appreciate and feel the calm, encouraging support they give to all in need. When I prepared my Will, I had no hesitation about leaving a gift to Dorothy House. I know my family will appreciate the clarity of my wishes and they may even start supporting some of my charities, themselves.” Anne Wilmot
The simplest gifts are:
- A percentage of your estate – this can be 1% to 100% to depending on your personal circumstances. The advantage of this type of gift is that everyone you would like to benefit from your Will gets something! Even 1% to Dorothy House can make a difference and this ensures those closest to you can receive 99%
- A cash sum – however large or small
There are other types of gifts you can make but it is wise to take professional advice to ensure every gift meets your wishes. If you do not have a solicitor who can help you please contact us and we can supply a list of local solicitors who regularly draft Wills.
It is highly likely that a gift to Dorothy House Will attract inheritance tax savings – but again, take professional advice. You might save £400 inheritance tax for every £1000 you leave us.
It is so easy
The ONLY information you need to give to your solicitor is our registered charity number: 275745. Our address is Winsley, Bradford on Avon, BA15 2LE.
The difference your legacy Will make
Your legacy Will enable us to continue to provide valuable services:
- Practical and specialist nursing care and advice to patients and their families as they face a life limiting illness, at home or at our hospice in Winsley
- Day Patient services, offering respite, relaxation, Creative Arts, diversion
- Out Patient services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and, complementary therapy
- Practical help and advice for carers and families
- Counselling support before and after bereavement
- Education of health professionals across our community, working in partnership to deliver the highest standards of care and support
- Outreach Centres for appointments or drop-in visits
We fully understand that this gift is an in investment in our future and benefitting future generations of patients and their relatives.
To ensure we don’t intrude on your privacy we promise you:
- We Will not put pressure on you to give a gift in your Will – it is your decision.
- We Will never ask you the size or type of gift if you decide to support our work this way.
- We absolutely recognise those closest to you come first in your Will.
- You never have to tell us your intentions – we respect your right to privacy
- We fully understand that personal circumstances change and there might be a time when you must take Dorothy House out of your Will
- We promise to use your gift wisely.
- If you want your gift used in a special way, please contact us.
If you want to tell us about your gift, we appreciate the chance to say thank you.
Sarah Dodd is responsible for gifts in Wills and is happy to talk with you and listen to your needs, whenever it is best for you.
Or Sarah’s direct line is: 01225 721480