Carer’s assessment

As a carer, you are entitled to a carer’s assessment.from your local authority.

Ask your local carers organisation for information.

The assessment should take place somewhere convenient, such as at your home. You can ask to talk to the person carrying out the assessment without the person you care for being present.

Tell the person what would help you, and be honest about the amount of care you can give. The assessment must also take your interests, work and other responsibilities into consideration. Ask about help to pay for services.