Other carers are a great source of information, support and advice.
You can meet other carers at one of the groups we run, including our carers’ courses and the carers’ support group – see ‘support for carers’ for more information.
Other carers have found these tips helpful:
- Cook double portions, so you are not tempted to skip meals.
- Take regular exercise – even a short walk – just to clear your head. If you need to visit a GP, make separate appointments for yourself and the person you care for.
- Make time for your own interests.
- Think about employing a cleaner, or someone to help you with other tasks you’re are finding difficult to keep up with.
- Be realistic – prioritise tasks and only focus on what you can achieve. If you are offered help, accept it.