All Dorothy House care is given free of charge. Legacies currently make up over a quarter of our voluntary income, and help to fund every element of what we do. You can help secure the vital future of our work, and leave a precious gift of care for forthcoming generations by leaving money or assets to Dorothy House. Please remember us in your will and help our work live on.
Making a will is your way of ensuring your wishes are carried out
Leaving a legacy to Dorothy House is easy. You can do it when you make a will, or if you already have one, you can add an extra instruction (called a codicil) to your existing one. You should talk to your family about it, and seek professional advice. We can put you in touch with solicitors who offer a free will service (even if you choose not to leave a gift to Dorothy House).
The difference your legacy makes
Your legacy will enable us to continue to provide valuable services:
- Practical and specialist nursing care and advice to patients and their families as they face a life limiting illness, at home or at our hospice in Winsley
- Day Patient services, offering respite, relaxation, Creative Arts, diversion
- Out Patient services including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and, complementary therapy
- Practical help and advice for carers and families
- Counselling support before and after bereavement
- Education of health professionals across our community, working in partnership to deliver the highest standards of care and support
- Outreach Centres for appointments or drop-in visits
What to do next
If you are interested in leaving a legacy to Dorothy House and would prefer to talk to someone, our Legacy Officer, will be very happy to have a no obligation confidential chat on 01225 721 480.