We are delighted to announce that we have signed the Armed Forced Covenant. By signing, Dorothy House pledges to acknowledge and understand that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve with their lives.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
- Promoting we are an armed forces-friendly organisation by displaying the covenant logo on our website.
- Advertising employment vacancies on the Career Transition Partnership (CTP).
- Support the employment of Service spouses and partners.
- Consideration for Service spouses and partners, during and after deployment.
- Support for our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces.
- Actively supporting our local Armed Forces day.
A copy of the full covenant is available by clicking on the link below.
As part of our support for those Serving, their families, veterans and reservists you are probably aware we opened our Corsham based ‘Friends in Grief’ weekly community bereavement drop in at the MOD Community Centre in Rudloe. This decision was based on GP’s and military welfare officers expressing a need for additional support for their community.