Our 7-year Strategic Plan is based on extensive experience and knowledge of our community and wider landscape. It addresses how we will continue to serve the growing needs of our populace without compromising our values or the excellence of our care.
The challenges we face in delivering the strategy are considerable: these include a growing, elderly population with complex care needs and a need to do more for increasing numbers but with less public money.
There are now more people who need our care – more who need support earlier following diagnosis – more who want to live life to its fullest potential – more who want to be cared for and die at home rather than in hospital – more whose families and carers need our help both pre and post bereavement.
Links & Downloads
Our vision is for a society where death is a part of life.
Our mission is to ensure that everyone has access to outstanding palliative and end of life care.
- with compassion, because we believe every life is precious and we are trusted to do the best we can for our patients and families.
- for our volunteers, donors, sponsors and customers who make our work possible.
- for one another, because the kindness and support of colleagues is crucial to our work.
- with other health and wellbeing organisations because we believe that working together, we can achieve more for our community.
- with all of our community with openness and understanding of how they see the world, and what matters to them.
- with each other across Dorothy House whatever our role, because together we are stronger.
- a safe space for people to openly talk about death and dying.
- a supportive work environment where our staﬀ have the conﬁdence to show initiative and innovate.
- a community who support each other to understand that death is a part of life.
These goals demonstrate the ways we will achieve our mission.
How we will deliver
We will deliver our strategy by:
- Ensuring our patients, their families and carers, and our people remain at our core
- Partnering to develop the services our communities need in the locations they want
- Maintaining financial stewardship and outstanding governance
- Delivering outstanding care and excellence throughout our community
- Evolving constantly, embracing change and innovation
- Engaging with our community earlier and leading the conversation about death and dying
- Preparing and equipping society to embrace the reality that death is a part of life