Our Strategy addresses how we will continue to serve the growing needs of our populace without compromising our values or the excellence of our care.
Our 7-year Strategic Plan is based on extensive experience and knowledge of our community and wider landscape. It addresses how we will continue to serve the growing needs of our populace without compromising our values or the excellence of our care.
The challenges we face in delivering the strategy are considerable: these include a growing, elderly population with complex care needs and a need to do more for increasing numbers but with less public money.
There are now more people who need our care – more who need support earlier following diagnosis – more who want to live life to its fullest potential – more who want to be cared for and die at home rather than in hospital – more whose families and carers need our help both pre and post bereavement.
Links & Downloads
These goals demonstrate the ways we will achieve our mission.
Our mission is to ensure that everyone has access to outstanding palliative and end of life care.
Our vision is for a society where death is a part of life.
- by placing patients, families and carers at the centre of all our work
- by being responsive and accessible to all
- by demonstrating respect, dignity and compassion for all
- by nurturing and valuing our workforce
- by striving to retain our status as the partner of choice for palliative and end of life care
- by investing time, energy and resources into genuine sustainable partnerships, both current and new
- by being at one with the communities we serve
- by being pioneering in our approach
- by ensuring that we are well-led, disciplined and aligned at every level
- by celebrating our successes
- by learning from our mistakes
- by being commercially astute
- by pursuing new sources of sustainable income
- by being agile, credible and responsive to change
- by recognising that our time is our greatest expense, we will use it when it is needed most
How we will deliver
We will deliver our strategy by:
- Ensuring our patients, their families and carers, and our people remain at our core
- Partnering to develop the services our communities need in the locations they want
- Maintaining financial stewardship and outstanding governance
- Delivering outstanding care and excellence throughout our community
- Evolving constantly, embracing change and innovation
- Engaging with our community earlier and leading the conversation about death and dying
- Preparing and equipping society to embrace the reality that death is a part of life