Be a corporate supporter
At Dorothy House, we make it our business to ensure that everyone who needs end of life care gets the support they need, when it matters most. This is why the support of your business is so important! All corporate partnerships are unique, so our fundraising team will work closely with you to create a partnership which meets your needs and provides a wide range of benefits to your business, whilst delivering real impact to our local community.
Ways to get involved
Charity of the Year
Select Dorothy House as your Charity of the Year and dedicate your time and fundraising efforts to supporting patient care.
Nominating the Hospice as the chosen charity over a specific period is a popular choice for businesses; we can provide dynamic, interesting and innovative ways to help you fulfil your CSR aims.
Benefits to your business
- Improve Staff motivation, teamwork as well as morale across your business
- Meet your corporate and social responsibility obligations
- Increase your company profile and elevate your reputation as an organisation that supports and cares about people and the local community
- Have a direct impact on patients and families across the local community by funding end of life care and support to those that need it most
Steve Vick International
Founded in Bradford on Avon in 1981, Steve Vick International (SVI) is an innovative engineering firm specialising in trenchless renovation and decommissioning of pipes worldwide. SVI is a big supporter of Dorothy House Hospice Care who have proudly supported the Hospice for over a decade, raising over £50,000. Over the years, SVI have taken part in various challenges, including the Three Peaks Challenge, the annual Christmas Tree collection, and most recently, the Always Here Appeal.
“Joining forces with Dorothy House opens up incredible opportunities to make a real and meaningful impact within the local community.”
How fundraising for Dorothy House has supported our business
- It has played a significant role in fostering team building and collaboration among our employees
- Working together towards a shared goal has strengthened their team dynamics
- It has encouraged our team to come together, not only as colleagues, but as a unified force dedicated to making a positive impact on our local community
- It has helped us build meaningful relationships with customers, stakeholders, and other businesses who share similar values
Our message to corporates in the local community
“By partnering with Dorothy House, you become part of a compassionate and dedicated network that tirelessly works to provide invaluable support to individuals and families facing challenging times. The positive ripple effects of this partnership extend far beyond the immediate impact, as it creates a lasting legacy of care, compassion, and empowerment.
Collaborating with Dorothy House allows you to align your values with a charity that is committed to enhancing the lives of those in need. It offers a unique chance to contribute to a cause that touches the hearts of countless individuals within the community.”
How we can support you
Our team will work closely with you, to meet your aims and objectives and provide:
- A dedicated fundraiser with advice and knowledge to support your journey
- PR and Marketing opportunities
- Regular updates for you and your staff, including an annual impact report
- Staff volunteering opportunities
- Organise a visit to the hospice so you can experience first-hand the impact your fundraising will have
Bath ASU coffee machine initiative raises over £20,000 for Dorothy House!
Bath ASU have implemented a brilliantly simple fundraising scheme for Dorothy House through every cup of coffee they sell to staff at work.
Their high-end coffee machines are placed in each canteen on site and the machines charge just 20p for any hot drink, and staff can use their card to pay in the knowledge that every penny will go to Dorothy House. With over 450 staff, and 350 of them based on site at Corsham Science Park, that’s a lot of people buying coffee!
Why did you decide to support Dorothy House?
“The coffee machine fundraising scheme couldn’t be easier to run. Once the machines and payment platform are set up, it’s just a case of making one monthly donation. And drinking plenty of great coffee of course. It helps engage our team members directly in supporting Dorothy House, it makes it more active and personal. It is also easy, 20p is great value for a proper cup of coffee and all the cash goes to DH – literally no sweat!
…We think more coffee is purchased because staff know it is going to a good cause. It’s a good deal and is well worth the 20p, even without the donation aspect. But since it is also a charitable act, there’s no reason not to treat yourself and do a little good at least once a day.”
Thank you to Bath ASU!
We are so grateful to Bath ASU for their ongoing donations and for choosing us as their charity to support with their coffee machine fundraising. Without our supporters and their donations, we wouldn’t be able to provide the exceptional care we always aim to deliver to those in our community with a life limiting illness.
Want to join us?
We’d love to chat about corporate partnership opportunities. Please call our Fundraising Team on 01225 721480 or get in touch by filling in the form below.
- £213 could fund a compassionate, skilled and experienced Hospice at Home Carer to provide care overnight, enabling a patient to stay at home at the end of their life
- £945 could fund 24 hours of care for one patient on our Inpatient Unit
- £31,000 could fund the delivery of all our clinical care and education services for one day
You can learn more about how corporate partnerships support the Hospice by visiting our ‘how your money helps’ page below.