- 1 June, 2024 - 5 June, 2024
- Secret Location
On Saturday 1 June, we will be holding a Survival Challenge for 5 days. At a secret location, 2 hours away from Winsley. We will all leave together via bus, in the early hours.
There are limited places so sign up today!
Step out of your comfort zone
Taking part in this Survival Challenge is a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and to maybe step out of your comfort zone for a few days. This is a great opportunity to get away from the crazy day-to-day living and relax in the wild.
Highly skilled leaders will teach you, and then you put your new skills into practice.
Entry cost and sponsorship
It costs £95 to enter and we ask that you raise a minimum of £750. This money will help us to continue supplying vital care. Every person taking part has to raise this target amount.
Raising vital funds for Dorothy House
Dorothy House relies on the support and generosity of those that take on incredible challenges to raise funds. Without you we couldn’t continue to deliver outstanding care to patients and families across our patch, so please do consider taking on a challenge like this to help!
What to expect
- Shelter building
- Water purification techniques
- Fire lighting techniques
- Preparation of wild game
- Trapping techniques
- Night and day navigation
- Search and rescue techniques
INCLUDED ON THE CHALLENGE:
- All equipment for building shelters
- Food and water
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipment
- Breakfast on the way
Mandatory kit list
- 1 x Hat
- 1 x Pair of gloves
- 1 x Pair of boots, solid, water proof, not wellies
- 1 x Complete change of clothing in case you get wet
- 1 x Warm Jacket
- 1 x Pair of warm trousers
- 1 x Set of waterproof outer garments
- 1 x Sleeping matt
- 1 x Sleeping bag
- 1 x Survival bag (orange) or bivy bag
- 1 x knife, fork, spoon
- 1 x Set of mess tins
- 1 x Mug
- 1 x Water bottle
- 1 x Torch & spare batteries
- 1 x Rucksack to put it all in
- 1 x First aid kit
- 1 x Towel
- 1 x Wash Kit
- 1 x Packet of wet wipes
- 1 x Small bottle of alcohol gel
- Sun protection cream, lip balm, mosquito spray/cream, antihistamine
- 1 x Toilet roll
- Enough socks and underwear for the duration
- Note pad and pen
- You may bring your mobile phone and power banks but there is no electric. Try to embrace this challenge and leave your phone in your bag. Just use it for photos.
- Money for breakfast on the way down.
Failing to bring this equipment will only make you uncomfortable and we want you to have the best time ever. There is no need to spend unnecessary money on equipment you do not need. Just bring what is on the list.
Luxury kit list
ONLY 2 luxury items from the below list are permitted:
- Reading book
- Shaving Foam
- Make-up Mirror
- Camping stool
- Pack of cards
- Travel game
Terms and Conditions
- Survival Challenge be a high-risk activity and by the very nature of it, you must ensure that you’re medically fit to take part. If you have any existing medical conditions or are currently taking medication, then please consult your doctor before completing the entry form.
- By signing up to Survival Challenge you have agreed to raise a minimum of £750 sponsorship + £95 registration fee.
- You will not be permitted to participate in the challenge if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Only bring what is on the kit list.
- You must be 18 years or over to take part in the challenge.
- We will ask you to digitally sign a disclaimer. This is not voluntary and anyone not signing the release form will not be permitted to take part in the event
- Dorothy House may take photographs of the event and use them in publicity material including on its website. If you do not want your photograph to be used, please contact let me know Tracey.Hyde@dorothyhouse-hospice.org.uk
- Survival Challenge is being organised by Snow and Paddles, to see reviews of their other events visit Snow and Paddles