Communication Skills Advanced (2 day course)Book onto course
The course is designed to give an overview for any member of staff who work with patients and their families and are faced with emotional or difficult questions around end of life or illness. This course will include practical application based on participants own experiences and roles.
The objectives are:
- To understand the theories and principles around communication
- To understand and explore the challenges of communication in End of Life Care.
- To look at grief and how that may affect having difficult conversations.
- To think about ways that we can overcome barriers to enhance our communication skills within our role.
- To develop confidence in communication when the situation or conversation becomes difficult.