Communication Skills in Supportive and End of Life CareFurther details
This 20 credit Communication Skills in Supportive and End of Life Care module, available at level 6 or level 7, aims to develop your knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to communicate sensitively, effectively and in a purposeful manner with individuals and those close to them in the context of supportive and end of life care. This course is run in collaboration with the University of the West of England and our other clinical partners.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of psychosocial responses to acute and life limiting illness.
- Demonstrate understanding of communication skills and approaches,with application to achieve best practice.
- Critically analyse communication skills and support mechanisms usedin supporting individuals experiencing loss, change and psychosocial issues.
- Critically evaluate evidence which informs learning regarding own communication processes.
- Appraise and reflect upon own communication skills and the potential influence of such skills when supporting patient and family centred care in a range of complex situations.
- Identify key communication skills, qualities and attributes that are significant in making an effective response to individual’s needs.