Before you taxi across their beautiful airfield ready for take-off, we expect you’ll be overwhelmed with excitement from the roar of the 450hp engine and the propeller in front of you hitting speeds of 130mph. Your adrenaline will hit new heights as the aircraft builds momentum for lift off! Feel the sense of freedom as you fly through the air, taking in the stunning views surrounding the airfield, while waving to friends and family down below.
Who can participate?
In order to participate:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be no taller than 6ft 2” (1.88m)
- You must be no heavier than 14 stone (89kg) with clothing
- Your waist measurement, whilst wearing warm clothing and a jacket must be less than 40 inches
- You must be able to climb, completely unassisted, up to and down from the top wing of one of the Boeing Stearman biplane. This is a steep climb of approximately 10ft/3m, but you will be given full guidance by a professional wingwalker
- You have not suffered from any of the following conditions: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction.
How much does it cost?
There is a registration fee of £150 payable at the time of booking to Dorothy House. We ask that you raise a minimum sponsorship of £700 for Dorothy House.
Those who fail to raise the minimum sponsorship amount will not be permitted to participate in the challenge.
The registration fee is non-refundable and places are non-transferable. At least 50% of the total £850 will be donated to Dorothy House, with the remaining money covering the cost of the experience.
Last year our very first wingwalkers raised over £21,000 for Dorothy House and enjoyed an experience of a lifetime!