Take the plunge!
Our Ice Bath Challenge is the ultimate ice breaker if you are looking to step outside of your comfort zone.
If you have always wondered, but have always been too scared to take the plunge, then why not take on this challenge under the supervision of a certified Wim Hof instructor!
What to expect
You will be taken through a 1-hour breathing method by a certified Win Hof Instructor, to prepare you for the challenge. You will then take on the challenge and submerge in the ice bath for 2 minutes.
There are so many proven benefits of the Wim Hof Method and taking ice baths, both mentally and physically. The Wim Hof Method is about reconnecting us – to ourselves, to others and to nature. You can feel happier, healthier and stronger, when you follow the method over a period.
How can I prepare for the challenge?
As this challenge is aimed at people with no prior experience with cold exposure. We recommend you finish your showers cold in the week leading up to your challenge. This may be overwhelming at first, but try to relax, focus on your breath and bring it into a controlled steady rhythm.
This challenge is suitable for everyone, but it does require a basic level of health. There are steps leading up to the room where we will be training first. Out of precaution, we do advise this challenge is not suitable during pregnancy or if you are epileptic. Anyone with cardiovascular issues, or any other health conditions should always consult a medical professional before taking on this Wim Hof Method challenge.
We also advise that you eat light, if at all, before this challenge. There will be tea, coffee, soup and cake to warm you up after.
Entry cost and sponsorship
It costs £30 to enter and we ask that you raise a minimum of £200 sponsorship. This will help us to continue to provide much-needed end of life care.
Your family can watch you participate (from a safe distance). There are limited places so sign up today!
- Certified Wim Hof instructor
- 1-hour breathing workshop
- 2 minutes in an ice bath
- Tea, coffee, soup and cake to warm you up after
What to bring with you
- A positive mind
- A yoga matt
- Light blanket
- Warm comfortable clothes
- Towel / Dryrobe
- Water bottle
Terms and Conditions
- Ice baths are a high-risk activity and by the very nature of it, you must ensure that you are medically fit to take part. Anyone with cardiovascular issues, or any other health conditions should always consult a medical professional before taking on this Wim Hof Method challenge. Please consult your doctor before completing the entry form.
- By signing up to Ice Bath Challenge, you have agreed to raise a minimum of £200 sponsorship or to donate £200 in lieu of sponsorship.
- You will not be permitted to take part if you have not attended the seminar at the start of the event.
- You will not be permitted to take part if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You must be 16 years or over to take part in the challenge.
- Out of precaution, we do advise this challenge is not suitable during pregnancy or if you are epileptic.
- On the night, you will be asked to digitally sign a disclaimer. This is not voluntary and anyone not signing the release form will not be permitted to take part in the event.
- Please feel free to bring along friends and family. However, only participants are allowed to attend the seminar inside.
- Refreshments will be available free to participant and donations welcomed for guests.
- Dorothy House may take photographs of the event and use them in publicity material including on its website. If you do not want your photograph to be used, please let us know.
- Our Ice Bath Challenge is being organised by Dare 2 Become, to see reviews of their other events visit https://www.facebook.com/Dare2Become