Trek Machu Picchu

Book now

Join Dorothy House Hospice Care on this once-in-a-lifetime trip to take on one of the top 25 treks in the world and see one of the New Seven Wonders of the World! Trek Machu Picchu is a challenging expedition which will see you give back to the community you are visiting before taking you over the spectacular Andean peaks, through epic Peruvian landscapes and misty cloud forest.

A Challenging Trek!

This is a challenging trip as you will be trekking over varying terrain, exposed to high altitudes (up to 4,630m) and sleeping in campsites with basic facilities. You should be prepared for all weather conditions and variable temperatures. Each day’s trek is between 5-8 hours and there are some big hills to climb! This is an endurance challenge so you are strongly advised to build up a good level of fitness – the fitter you are the more you will enjoy the challenge.

Information Evening – 6pm, 11 June 2024

Please join us for an information evening about Trek Machu Picchu 2026 here at the Hospice, where you’ll learn in person about what is involved, how you are supported and everything else you could possibly need to know.

With a member of the Different Travel Trek Team on hand as well as the Dorothy House Fundraising Team, you’ll get a deep dive into the trip and be able to ask any questions you have.

To register to come along to the Information Evening, please fill out the form below and a member of the team will be in contact with you.

Fundraising Support

We recognise that the fundraising target will be mean feat to reach but with well over a year to raise the money, and with support from the Dorothy House Fundraising Team, it is certainly very achievable!

The best thing to do it to break down the total amount into smaller chunks and put on mini challenges and events to keep moving up. From hosting quiz nights and raffles, to a sponsored head shave or run alongside support from friends and family you’ll reach the target in no time.

Our Team will be on hand to support with materials and advice with top tips and tricks about online and offline fundraising and you’ll join a fantastic team of trekkers who will all be on the same journey together.

What is the route of the Trek?

We will start our adventure in the colonial town of Cusco with an acclimatisation trek to the Inca ruins of Tambomachay. Our time at the community project will help us further acclimatise before we begin our hike towards Machu Picchu along the Salkantay trail.

The route follows an ancient and remote Inca footpath, where snow-capped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests. The paths are filled with wild strawberries, colourful butterflies and other exotic flora and fauna. Off the beaten path, this trek is one of the most interesting and challenging ways to experience the land of the ancient Incas. One of the highlights will be catching our first glimpse of Machu Picchu across the valley!

What will I get up to?

We will spend our last night at the spa town of Aguas Calientes and in the morning we will take a short transfer to the ancient site where you can enjoy a guided tour, unlocking the mysteries of this glorious ancient city. After returning to Cusco we will have our final celebratory meal and more time to enjoy the sights of this stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site, before returning home via Lima.

How much does the Trek cost?

A £495 registration fee is payable at the time of booking and then you must fundraise at least £5,900 for Dorothy House Hospice Care.

A total of £4,838 (80% of your target) must have been raised by Friday, 23 January 2026. The remaining 20% (£1,062) must be raised by the date of departure.

A flexi option is also available upon request (pay £495 deposit + £3,070 trip costs + fundraise at least £2,950).

This trip is operated by The Different Travel Company (ATOL 6706) for Dorothy House (Registered Charity No. 275745).

Would you like to know more before signing up?

Please complete the below registration form below and we will be in touch with more information.