We have temporarily closed all our Dorothy House shops and collections with immediate effect as a response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to welcoming you through our doors in the not too distant future.
You can find our shops across our 700sq mile area, and all make a vital contribution to the patient, family and carer support we can offer. This section of our site provides links to each of our shops providing location, opening times and any special offers that we might be running.
We really are grateful for your support, whether that is grabbing yourself a bargain or donating your unwanted quality goods. Your custom makes a real difference and we couldn’t do what we do without you.
Find out more about making a donation
Shop locations A–Z
Making a donation
You can book a free furniture collection by contacting your local furniture shop on the numbers above.
We would love to be able to take all donations, but there are some items we are not able to accept due to size, quality, Health & Safety, or hygiene reasons.
For more information on what we CANNOT take, please click here.
Examples of items we can accept include:
- Sofas, armchairs and conservatory furniture - with fire labels (see example below)
- Solid wood furniture
- Garden furniture
- Solid wood/Metal framed beds - with all fixtures and fittings
- Divan Bed Bases - with fire labels (see example below)
- Mattresses - Clean, no marks with fire labels (see example below)
- Valuable or specialist items
- Kitchen ware
- Curtains and bedding - Clean with no marks.
- Small Musical instruments - No pianos, electric organs or drum kits
- Office furniture, tables, chairs and desks
- Electrical equipment e.g. TV's, Stereo's, Kitchen Electricals - with CE mark (see example below)
- Gym Equipment - Good condition, complete, working and less than 3 years old (with CE mark if electrical)
- Mobility equipment - Wheelchairs, walking frames, mobility scooters (with CE mark)
- White goods - fridge/freezers, washing machines and tumble dryers (with CE Mark)
- Electric cookers - fully working (with CE mark)
Fire Labels to look for:
If you are still unsure, please feel free to contact one of our furniture shops for advice. We would be happy to help.
What sort of furniture can Dorothy House NOT accept?Info
We would love to be able to take all donations, but there are some items we are not able to accept due to size, quality, Health & Safety, or hygiene reasons. For a complete list of such items, please click on the link to the left of this message.
How can I donate non-furniture items?Info
We are always grateful to receive your pre-loved items to sell in our shops so if you do not have furniture, but have clothing, bric-a-brac, books, music etc to be donated, please visit your local shop and they will be happy to receive your goods.
Can I Gift Aid my donations?Info
Did you know that by adding Gift Aid to your donations they're worth 25% more to us? That will help raise even more much needed funds for Dorothy House at no extra cost to you. When you donate, you will be asked whether you are a tax payer and if you would like to GiftAid your donation. This means that for every £1 we make from your donation; the government will give us an extra 25p. So, if you are able to GiftAid, please do it!