Making a donation
Book a free furniture collection
Book a free collection to donate your pre-loved furniture and electrical items to one of our four Dorothy House Furniture Stores by calling the store directly.
Bath: 01225 314 428
Frome : 01373 471 989
Chippenham: 01249 658 820
Melksham : 01225 704 244
We are always grateful for any donations of pre-loved items for our shops. By supporting your local Dorothy House shop we can ensure that we can continue offering our services free of charge to your local community.
We collect all sorts of items:
- Sofas, suites, armchairs
- Tables, chairs, desks, cabinets
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- TVs, Hi-Fis, washing machines, small electricals
Gift Aid your donations
Did you know that by adding Gift Aid to your donations they’re worth 25% more to us? That will help raise even more much needed funds for Dorothy House at no extra cost to you.
When you donate, you will be asked whether you are a tax payer and if you would like to GiftAid your donation. This means that for every £1 we make from your donation; the government will give us an extra 25p. So, if you are able to GiftAid, please do it!
Before booking your collection
Please check that:
- All your items are in good condition, complete and work correctly
- Each individual upholstered item has a fire label attached
- We are able to collect your item: there are some items we can’t sell for legal, safety or quality reasons. We recycle as many of these items as we can but we won’t always be able to accept everything.
Other items to donate?
We are always grateful to receive your pre-loved items to sell in our shops so if you do not have furniture, but have clothing, bric-a-brac, books, music etc to be donated, please visit your local shop and they will be happy to receive your goods.