How to book a free furniture collection
Did you know that you can donate your pre-loved furniture and electrical items to one of our four Dorothy House Furniture Stores by calling the store directly? We have four specialist furniture shops across our catchment area. Contact your local furniture shop today!
Bath : 01225 314 428
Frome : 01373 471 989
Chippenham : 01249 658 820
Melksham : 01225 704 244
Details on what we can and cannot accept as a furniture donation can be found beneath the shop A-Z below!
Find out more about making a donation
Shop locations A–Z
Making a donation
You can book a free furniture collection by contacting your local furniture shop on the numbers above.
We would love to be able to take all donations, but there are some items we are not able to accept due to size, quality, Health & Safety, or hygiene reasons.
For more information on what we CANNOT take, please click here.
Examples of items we can accept include:
- Sofas, armchairs and conservatory furniture - with fire labels (see example below)
- Solid wood furniture
- Garden furniture
- Solid wood/Metal framed beds - with all fixtures and fittings
- Divan Bed Bases - with fire labels (see example below)
- Mattresses - Clean, no marks with fire labels (see example below)
- Valuable or specialist items
- Kitchen ware
- Curtains and bedding - Clean with no marks.
- Small Musical instruments - No pianos, electric organs or drum kits
- Office furniture, tables, chairs and desks
- Electrical equipment e.g. TV's, Stereo's, Kitchen Electricals - with CE mark (see example below)
- Gym Equipment - Good condition, complete, working and less than 3 years old (with CE mark if electrical)
- Mobility equipment - Wheelchairs, walking frames, mobility scooters (with CE mark)
- White goods - fridge/freezers, washing machines and tumble dryers (with CE Mark)
- Electric cookers - fully working (with CE mark)
Fire Labels to look for:
If you are still unsure, please feel free to contact one of our furniture shops for advice. We would be happy to help.
What sort of furniture can Dorothy House NOT accept?Info
We would love to be able to take all donations, but there are some items we are not able to accept due to size, quality, Health & Safety, or hygiene reasons. For a complete list of such items, please click on the link to the left of this message.
How can I donate non-furniture items?Info
We are always grateful to receive your pre-loved items to sell in our shops so if you do not have furniture, but have clothing, bric-a-brac, books, music etc to be donated, please visit your local shop and they will be happy to receive your goods.
Can I Gift Aid my donations?Info
Did you know that by adding Gift Aid to your donations they're worth 25% more to us? That will help raise even more much needed funds for Dorothy House at no extra cost to you. When you donate, you will be asked whether you are a tax payer and if you would like to GiftAid your donation. This means that for every £1 we make from your donation; the government will give us an extra 25p. So, if you are able to GiftAid, please do it!