We offer a range of training for staff and volunteers who support patients, families and friends at the end of life. We have particular expertise in palliative care, advance care planning, syringe driver management, bereavement, multi-professional working, clinical supervision and communication skills. Currently, the majority of our training is delivered online.
We are keen to share our expertise and knowledge with new and aspiring health and care professionals, and to work in partnership with health and social care, and academic organisations to develop education programmes.
What the team can offer you
- Training courses – a mixed programme of practical and developmental courses, taught through a range of teaching methods. For example, lectures, experiential learning, group work, case studies and role play. Currently the majority of our training is delivered online.
- Conferences – on topical issues surrounding end of life and palliative care.
- Consultancy – we’re happy to work with you to identify your needs and develop tailored courses and events to meet your requirements. These courses can usually be delivered at our premises or yours, or online. Please get in touch to discuss your specific requirements.
Examples of our current education programmes/projects with external partners
- Complexities of Supportive and End of Life Care Module, in conjunction with the UWE
- Learning Disability Reciprocal Training Project, alongside the charity SWALLOW
Opportunities for your engagement
- We can offer a range of sessions covering a wide variety of topics directly linked to hospice care. These sessions are all led by our health care professionals here at the Hospice and we can provide further information about end of life care and the work of Dorothy House.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate student education placements or internships are available.
- Clinical placements. Please note that at present, there is very limited capacity for these due to COVID-19.
Contact the team
Contact the Education team by phone or email.
Phone: 01225 722 988