We are keen to share our expertise and knowledge with health and care professionals, and to work in partnership with health and social care, and academic organisations to develop education programmes.
Please read our course prospectus and get in touch if you are interested in more details.
Phone: 01225 722 988
What the team can offer you
- Training courses – a mixed programme of practical and developmental courses, taught through a range of teaching methods, including lectures, experiential learning, group work, case studies and role play
- Conferences – on topical issues surrounding end of life and palliative care
- Consultancy – we’re happy to work with you to identify your needs and develop tailored courses and events to meet your requirements. These courses can usually be delivered at our premises or yours, or online. Please get in touch to discuss your specific requirements. email@example.com
Examples of our current education programmes/projects with external partners
- Complexities of Supportive and End of Life Care Module, in conjunction with the UWE
- Learning Disabilities: reciprocal training project being delivered alongside SWALLOW, a local user-led learning disability charity in Somerset
In line with our aim to combat inequalities, Dorothy House is seeking to introduce systemic change in the approach to end of life care for people with learning disabilities. Toward this aim, a reciprocal education programme (with funding from the People’s Postcode Trust) is being developed between Dorothy House and SWALLOW.
SWALLOW was established in 1993 by people with learning disabilities and their families, to develop a new way of meeting their needs by providing an alternative to day centres and residential homes. Over the years, SWALLOW has developed services in response to the wishes of their members. Their aim is to help as many people as they can with the resources available.
See the downloadable abstract and conference poster for more information.