The Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Service is run jointly by Dorothy House Hospice Care and the Royal United Hospital, Bath. The MND specialist nurse service offers a single point of contact and ongoing support for patients with Motor Neurone Disease, their families and carers.
This service offers specialist information, sign-posting, support and guidance from diagnosis throughout your illness. The MND specialist nurse works within the RUH, Dorothy House Hospice Care and the community, and can visit patients in their homes.
The MND specialist nurse can offer:
- Information and leaflets about MND
- Referral to community teams
- Benefit information
- Access to Motor Neurone Disease Association support
- Advice and support with advance care planning
- Referral to Dorothy House Hospice Care courses, emotional support, respite care, complimentary therapy and palliative care advice.
- Advice, education and support for health care professionals and nursing home
Telephone Advice Line
- You can contact the MND specialist nurse on 01225 824 673 or 07870 984 469
- firstname.lastname@example.org This is not an emergency service. You should not use this service to obtain urgent medical advice. In an emergency, you should contact your GP, or attend your nearest A&E department by ambulance if necessary.