Since 2019, we have been building our research team which is now fully operational. We have many links to other local and regional organisations such as the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust (RUH); the University of Bath; the University of the West of England, Bristol (UWE) and Bristol Health Partners.
We actively seek out collaborative and partnership opportunities, and welcome enquiries from the general public, health and social care, and academic organisations.
What the team can offer you
- Undergraduate and post-graduate student research placements or internships
- Advice on conducting research in palliative and end of life care settings
- Time to discuss ideas for potential future research relevant to Dorothy House and the communities we serve.
Examples of current research projects with our partners
- Defining what ‘intimacy’ means to people with life-limiting illnesses and those close to them
- Understanding patients’ and families’ experiences and future preferences for hospice care in the Bath & North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (BSW STP)
- Exploring post COVID-19 perceptions of death and dying using citizen science
- Developing online resources for patients and healthcare professionals to manage persistent pain in palliative and end of life care.
Opportunities for your engagement
- Membership of our patient and client advisory group
- Partnership and collaboration with our research team to conduct research relevant to Dorothy House and the communities we serve
- Networking with other research groups in our region and nationally.
Contact the team
Contact the Research Team by phone or email.
Phone: 01225 721 391